Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
Water-based, two-component wood stain for wood floors. Can be applied before lacquering or oiling.
Water-based two-component stain. Its ease of application, versatility and the depth of its shades make it ideal for large surfaces. Can be directly recoated with all water-based finishes. Excellent colour depth. Component B: Aqua Pro Hardener. Dangerous. Follow the directions for use carefully.
- About 12 to 15 sqm per litre
- 5.5 Litre
- 1.1 Litre
- Aquateinte® 2K should be applied on clean, bare wood, free of wax, varnish, lacquer, paint, etc.
- Wood Floors: parquets, wood floors and stairs should be sanded down to bare wood and levelled (stripping and dewaxing not recommended). The surface should be clean and free of traces of detergent, grease, wax, polish, and linseed oil (or other specific oils). Do not use detergents, whiteners wood floor cleaners
- In the case of joints between floorboards, apply Blanchon Resin Filler or Blanchon Pro Filler in advance to avoid overstaining (consult the Technical Sheets for these products).
- Remove all traces of dust
Directions For Use
- Shake the 2 components vigorously before mixing.
- Aquateinte® 2K (Comp. A) and Hardener (Comp. B) should be mixed together immediately before use.
- Always use 1 part Aqua Pro Hardener to 10 parts Aquateinte® 2K (by volume).
- Important: shake the mixture vigorously immediately after adding HARDENER to Aquateinte® 2K.
- Mix immediately and thoroughly. The mixture should be used within 2 hours. After this, the mixture starts to thicken and becomes increasingly unusable.
- No dilution is required (except with Colourless Aquateinte® 2K to lighten a colour).
Apply an even coat using a short-haired roller or a brush for edges and small areas. Work evenly in the direction of the wood grain. Do not use a spray gun.
After application, even out the coat of Aquateinte® 2K using a buffing machine (white or beige pad).
Once an area has been evened out, for a perfect finish, use a buffing machine fitted with a white pad (use white cotton cloth to clean corners and areas difficult to access): Aquateinte® 2K is easy to work with and does not peel, leaving a uniform and even surface.
Thanks to its specific formulation, Aquateinte® 2K can be directly recoated with a water-based finish without prior sealing or fixing. On lighter shades, it is better to use finishes that leave the wood light, to prevent the final result from being spoiled: the Blanchon Intensiv or Initial® and Blanchon Original Wood Environment lacquers, raw wood, ultra matt or natural effect.
In all cases, never sand the stain directly, just the first top coat, so as not to affect the colour: sanding the stain directly could cause differences in the shade. It is also recommended to smooth it out with a fine abrasive only before applying the final coat of lacquer.
Important: for a subtler effect, dilute with Colourless Aquateinte® 2K so as not to affect the sheen andeasy polishing of the product.
Although a single coat of Aquateinte® 2K is sufficient to achieve the desired effect in most cases, for a stronger effect, apply a second coat after 6 hours of drying.
Cleaning of tools
- Clean tools with water immediately after use.
Protecting the environment:
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
Drying & Recoating
- Under normal conditions of use:
- Dust-free drying: 30 minutes.
- Recoatable" drying time: 6 hours.
- NB: do not allow contact of metal objects (such as tools) with wood while drying.
Aquateinte® 2K (Comp. A): store carefully, protect from frost (be especially carefully when storing in vehicles).
Aqua Pro Hardener (Comp. B): not affected by frost.
Seal both containers carefully after use. Important: wipe the neck of the Hardener to prevent the lid from sticking.