Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
Easy Oil™: hard oil without wiping
Easy Oil™ is a traditional hard oil that is smooth, easy and pleasant to use. Apply in two coats without wiping. It penetrates deeply into the surface of the wood floor, providing lasting protection and ensuring excellent chemical and mechanical resistance. Highlights the veining and natural beauty of all types of wood by giving them a beautiful warm colour. High matt satin finish.
Colourless oil, no buffing required
- Smooth and very high-build consistency
- Easy and pleasant to use
- Penetrates deeply into wood surfaces
- Long-term protection and excellent chemical and mechanical resistance
- Easy roller application without buffing
- 2 finishes: satin and ultra matt = one of the lowest Matt finishes available
- 25 sqm per litre per coat
- Before sanding/recoating: around 10 hours under normal conditions
- 2.5 Litres
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry; As a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%. Consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners).
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: first sand to bare wood with 24 or 36 grit, then with 50 or 60 grit and finish with 100 or 120 (see APPENDIX).
- Important: brushed woods produce more intense shades than smooth woods.
- For glued down wood flooring, use Blanchon Pro Filler® (water-based filler), or Blanchon Resin Filler for filling and colour-matching. (Please consultTechnical Data Sheets for these products).
- Then remove all dust thoroughly.
- Oily secretions from exotic woods must be removed with acetone.
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Sanded wood floors can be stained with Blanchon Aquateinte® 2K, Blanchon Waterborne Dye for woodfitters, or Blanchon wood ageing agent (positive shades). After drying, apply one coat of Blanchon Prim'Oil. In the case of light colours, consideration should be given to the warm tone of the wood, inherent to resinous woods, and to the overall effect of the stain after applying the coat of Prim'Oil (if necessary, carry out a test on a discreet spot).
- The most interesting decorative effects are achieved on brushed wood, "aged" in advance or stained with Blanchon wood ageing agent.
- Do not use woodstain.
- Important: on previously stained wood, different levels of wear across the floor are likely to affect the overall colour without regular maintenance. The wood will have to be maintained thoroughly and regularly to preserve the decoration and protection in the long term.
Directions For Use
- No mixing: Easy Oil is ready to use.
- Stir well before use
- Do not impregnate the wood floor when the temperature is below 12°C. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Apply a first thin coat of Easy Oil with a short-haired roller(lacquer 5 mm)in the direction of the wood or, if that is not possible, in the direction of the light. Use a brush or graining brush for the edges of the room. A spray gun may be used on vertical surfaces, furniture and worktops.
- After drying, sand the surface with fine abrasive paper (120 grade if well-used, or 150), dust thoroughly, and then wipe with a damp microfibre mop to remove any final traces of dust, however tiny.
- Apply the second coat using the same method as the first. Each coat must be very thin, around of 25 m2 /L/coat.
- Trade pro tip: for an especially silky finish, go over the second coat with a floor cleaning machine or cloth.
- Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
- Easy Oil is compatible with industrial roller coaters
- On exotic woods, oily woods or wood flooring with "boat“ joints”, apply one coat of Prim'Oil to prevent extended drying times, which are inherent to these types of wood.Then apply two coats of Hard Waxoil with a sprayer, polishing each coat immediately with a buffing machine fitted with a beige pad.
- 2. To maximise protection, it is possible to apply one final coat of Hard Waxoil natural (colourless) over two coats of coloured Hard Waxoil. Prim’Oil, with its synthetic resin base, does not block the pores of the wood but isolates the fibres, which is not detrimental to the coating of Hard Waxoil.
Cleaning of Tools
- Tools must be cleaned immediately after use, with a thinner.
- Clean cloths, pads and tools immediately after use (fire risk if textile tools are kept soaked in oil). Cloths and pads may also be kept in water. Do not throw away cloths or pads soaked in oil without first rinsing thoroughly in water.
- Seal carefully after use.
- Do not discharge into drains