Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
A water-based polyurethane complex carbon Wood Floor Lacquer for heavy traffic areas.
Odourless, Intensiv® is based on complex carbon resins, selected for the unrivalled resistance to abrasion, scratching and remarkable flexibility.
A two-component lacquer, it boasts exceptional performance and rapid hardening. Its components make Intensiv® suitable for all lacquers, particularly in places subject to heavy traffic: shops, offices, hotels, conference venues, schools, corridors and entrances. Suitable for all commonly used wood types, its light shade protects and enhances the grain and tone of the wood.
- About 10 sqm per litre
- 10 Litres
- 5 Litres
- 1 Litre
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: first sand to bare wood with 24 or 36 grit, then with 50 or 60 grit and finish with 100 or 120.
- Remove all traces of dust.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry. As a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%. Consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners).
- For glued down wood flooring, use Blanchon Pro Filler (water-based filler), or Blanchon Resin Filler for filling and colour-matching (please consult Technical Data Sheets for these products).
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood can be stained with Blanchon Aquateinte 2K. After the stain has dried, apply 3 coats of Intensiv directly on top or alternatively, apply Blanchon Prim'Sealer or Prim’Gold and then 2 coats of Intensiv.
- Sanded floors (to bare wood) can be stained using Blanchon Waterborne Dye or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades). When using these products, once the stain has dried, apply 1 coat of Blanchon S.O. Primer to fix the stain (do not use Prim'Sealer or Prim’Gold in this particular case).Then apply Intensiv.
- In all cases, never sand the stain itself, but only the first coat of finishing product, in order to maintain the quality of the stain.
- It is also recommended to cut back with fine sandpaper prior to applying the final coat. Do not use wood stain.
Use of primers
- The following Blanchon primers may be used as a base coat: Prim’Sealer, Prim’Gold or S.O. Primer (please consult the relevant Technical Data Sheets).
- The use of Prim’Sealer, or Prim’Gold allows fast completion with an easy and odourless application. The colour obtained with Prim’Sealer gives the wood a colouration identical to that achieved with Intensiv used on its own. Prim’Gold gives the wood a deep and warm colouration - especially when applied to high-tannin woods such as oak or chestnut - close to the one achieved using a coat of S.O. Primer.
- Using S.O. Primer allows fast sealing and gives the wood a lovely natural warmth enhancing the initial tone. It is essential to use S.O. Primer to fix Blanchon Waterborne Dye and Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent before sealing with Intensiv (see Wood Staining).
Directions For Use
- Shake Component A vigorously.
- The Intensiv Lacquer (Comp. A) and Aqua Pro Hardener (Comp. B) should be mixed together immediately before use. Always use the following measures: B: 1 part to 9 parts of Comp. A (by volume).
- Mix immediately and thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes. The mixture should be used within 90 minutes.
- No dilution required.
- NB: Intensiv comes in special packaging (separable container) which can be used directly for mixing and application. Place the plastic bag in one half of the pre-cut container to form a bowl for making up the mixture.
- Do not lacquer the wood floor if the temperature is lower than 12°C or if the relative humidity is higher than 85% (in accordance with the DTU in force); do not use on wood with a moisture content above 10%. Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- The product is applied with a roller (short-haired) in 3 regular and generous coats, or with a spatula for multiple coats. Alternatively, you can apply 2 coats on top of a primer (see Surface Preparation).
- If applying with a spatula (multiple coats), you should sand and remove dust before applying the final coat of Intensiv with a roller. Do not apply Intensiv with a spatula on beech, maple or cherry.
- Once the first coat has dried, a light sanding is recommended with a buffing machine (fine sanding disc) before removing all traces of dust. Sanding is essential if more than 24 hours elapse between coats.
- When applying the bare timber finishing, you are advised to sand between each coat using worn 150 or 120 grit paper.
Surface preparation and application on concrete
- Very easy to use, Intensiv provides long-term protection against stains, dust and humidity. The treated surfaces are discreetly enhanced (wax finish), and are easy to maintain, even in high-traffic areas, concrete floors, worktops, etc. that are clean and bare (without other coatings such as wax, oil, varnish, etc.).
- Not suitable for water containers: sinks, showers, bowls, bathtubs, etc.
- Check the porosity of the material, necessary for good adhesion: one spoonful of water poured onto clean concrete should penetrate in 1 minute. Repeat the test in different areas. Clean thoroughly with a vacuum cleaner, then with a damp mop. Allow to dry.
- Do not apply if the temperature of the surface is below 12°C or if the moisture content is greater than 5% (use of a moisture meter is recommended). The relative humidity of the room must not exceed 85%. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Apply 2 coats in the direction of the light using a short-haired roller (use a brush or graining brush fro the edges of the room). The coat should be thin, using approximately 1 litre per coat for 12 to 15 m². Apply evenly, avoiding areas of over- or under-application.
Cleaning of tools
- Clean tools immediately after use with water. Do not reuse the containers.
Protecting the environment:
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
- Dust-free drying: 45 minutes under normal conditions.
- Before sanding/recoating: 4 hours in normal conditions.
- Do not wait more than 24 hours between coats.
- Curing time: 8 to 10 days.
- Light traffic: approximately 24 hours under normal conditions.
- Occupation of the premises: during the first 10 days take some precautions: do not cover(protective sheets), do not place carpets on the lacquered wood floor during this period. Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).
- Next: place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a good quality mat placed at the entrance to the room will help by retaining dust and gravel. Clean up spillages of water and other liquids immediately, and be careful where you place flower and plant pots).
- Intensiv (Comp. A): store carefully, protect from frost (be especially careful when storing in vehicles).
- Aqua Pro Hardener (Comp. B): not affected by frost.
- Seal both containers carefully after use.
- Important: wipe the neck of the Hardener to prevent the lid from sticking.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Intensiv gives you ease of maintenance for all parquets, wood floors and stairs.
- Remove dust regularly, using a vacuum cleaner or a dustpan and broom.
- Mop the surface occasionally using a damp mop, but never a soaking wet one. Stains can be removed with Blanchon Lagoon®, Blanchon Cleaner Lisabril or a neutral detergent (follow manufacturer’s recommendations for concentrations.)
- Important: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance to give Intensiv time to dry out thoroughly.
- Do not use: floor cleaning machine, mop, silicone-based polishes, ammonia products or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.
- Heavy traffic areas finished with Intensiv can be maintained on a regular basis with Blanchon Protectors Satin and Cleaner Lisabril (see the relevant Technical Sheets). Frequency of maintenance will depend on usage and traffic.
- On Intensiv, only Lagoon® and Cleaner Lisabril are recommended.
- Any refinishing of a previously sealed floor using Intensiv should not be carried out before the wood has been sanded back to bare wood