Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
Special impregnation for the maintenance of all wood floors and floors impregnated with Blanchon Hard Waxoil, Easy Oil™ and Solid'Oil™ and factory-oiled wood floors
Maintenance Oil will quickly and easily regenerate all oiled wood floors (traditional oils) and offers a natural and uniform matt appearance without polishing. It has a pleasant and subtle wax fragrance and is easy to apply to all commonly used wood species that have been pre-oiled on site or industrially. Ideal for heavy traffic.
- New formula, ideal to maintain coloured Hard Waxoil and prefinished oiled floors.
- 25 to 35 sqm per litre per coat
- Around 4-6 hours at 20°C
- 1 Litre
- 2.5 Litres
- Maintenance Oil should be applied on a clean, dry floor: always remove all traces of dust beforehand (using a brush, vacuum cleaner, etc.).
- Ordinary stains and marks can easily be removed with Lagoon®, Natural Soap or Blanchon Powerful Cleaner (using a damp cloth or mop, not soaking wet).
- Important: allow 15 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance, to give the oil time to dry properly.
- Stains, difficult marks and scratches should be removed with fine sandpaper. At these places it will be necessary to reapply Hard Waxoil, Wood Floor Oil or Solid'Oil to the floor.
- Important: for wood that has been stained or coloured with Hard Waxoil, Wood Floor Oil or Solid'Oil, the shade may change with frequency of use. The wood will have to be maintained thoroughly and regularly to preserve the decoration and protection in the long term.
Directions For Use
- Maintenance Oil is ready to use. Shake well before use; do not dilute. Stir regularly during use. Do not perform maintenance on wood floors when the temperature is below 12°C. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Evenly spread on the Maintenance Oil in a fine coat, using a cotton cloth, a microfibre brush or an applicator brush, always in the grain direction of the wood, and avoid laying it on too thickly. Allow to dry.
- You can also spray the Maintenance Oil in a fine coat, wiping it regularly as you go along, with a clean, dry cotton cloth (moving in the direction of the wood grain), until you obtain an even finish. Allow to dry. To make application easier, proceed by applying to a small area at a time. The floor can be touched up periodically and in localised places by impregnating it and polishing it directly with a cotton cloth.
- To even out the sheen of your oiled wood floor, you can polish it during application with a buffing machine fitted with a beige pad (or a white cotton cloth).
- The frequency of maintenance will depend on levels of use: it is recommended to treat the wood floor regularly at high traffic areas (frequently walked on, chair scrapes etc.).
- The more frequent and regular maintenance with Maintenance Oil is, the easier it becomes
Cleaning of Tools
- Tools must be cleaned immediately after use, with a thinner.
- Clean cloths, pads and tools with water immediately after use (fire risk if textile tools are kept soaked in oil). Do not throw away cloths or pads soaked in oil without first rinsing thoroughly in water.
- If a sprayer has been used, unscrew the nozzle and spray it with water to avoid blockages.
- Dry tools before storing them.
- Seal carefully after use. Do not discharge into drains.
- Drying: approx. 6 hours at 20°C.
- Occupation of premises: 12 to 24 hours after application.