Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
The leading multi-surface Renovation Lacquer. Direct adhesion without sanding on wooden floors of all finishes, laminates and PVC.
Renovation Lacquer provides long-term renovation for lacquered and oiled wooden floors, as well as worn and tarnished laminates and PVC floors without sanding down to bare or replacing the coating. Its unique formula with enhanced dampening ability and the addition of a hardener guarantee perfect adhesion and high resistance to traffic and chemical damage. High-build, Renovation Lacquer conceals surface scratches and revives tarnished floors in a single coat. Easy, fast and economical to use, it enables the area to return to use quickly. *Surface wear and tear: frequent use, surface scratches, small scratches and tarnished appearance. Dangerous. Follow the directions for use carefully.
- About 12 sqm per litre
- 2.5 Litres
- 250ml - Hardener Aqua Pro
The preparation depends on the type of floor to be renovated
On A Lacquered Wood Floor (Pre-Varnished or On Site):
- Light sanding with grade 120. Remove all traces of dust, then remove grease with Blanchon Remover or alcohol.
- The surface must be clean and dry before using Renovation Lacquer.
On Oiled Wood Floor (Pre-Oiled or On Site), Laminated And PVC Floors:
- Buff the surface with a red pad without altering the appearance and dust carefully. Remove grease from the surface with with Blanchon Remover or alcohol. The surface must be clean and dry before using Renovation Lacquer.
- Perform an adhesion test before applying. Do not apply on waxed wood floors, floors treated with linseed oil or linoleum floors. For further information, please consult our technical department.
- Important: a previously lacquered wood floor showing signs of wear must be sanded back completely.
Direction for Use
- Shake the Lacquer well, then mix the components: 0.25L of Hardener (Comp. B) to 2.5L of Lacquer (Comp. A); 1 part Hardener to 10 parts Lacquer (in volume).
- Mix thoroughly for 2-3 mins immediately after adding the hardener. The lacquer is ready to use and usable for 1h30.
- Important: the 2 components of the lacquer are intended to be used together and may not be combined with other products. Never apply the Lacquer without its Hardener.
- Diluting is not required under normal circumstances.
- Do not lacquer a floor if the temperature is below 12°C with relative humidity of more than 85% (in accordance with the D.T.U. in force); do not use on wood with a moisture content above 11%. Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- Apply 1 even and generous coat with a roller, graining brush or brush (for edges or small areas) (12m2 /L).
- On an oiled wood floor, after the first coat of Renovation Lacquer has dried, if the finish is uneven, apply a second coat of Renovation Lacquer. Lightly sand the surface in advance (120 grade) then remove dust thoroughly. Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
Cleaning of Tools
- Clean tools immediately after use with water.
Protecting the Environment
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
- Dust-free drying: 30 - 45 minutes.
- Before sanding/recoating: 3 hours in normal conditions.
- Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
- Light traffic: approximately 24 hours under normal conditions.
- Curing time: 5 to 7 days. Take some basic precautions during the first 10 days: do not cover(protective sheets), do not place carpets on the lacquered wood floor during this period. Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).
- Next: place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a good quality mat placed at the entrance to the room will help by retaining dust and gravel. Clean up spillages of water and other liquids immediately, and be careful where you place flower and plant pots).
- Component A (lacquer): store carefully, protect from frost (be especially careful when storing in vehicles).
- Component B (hardener): not affected by frost.
- Seal both containers carefully after use.
- Important: wipe the neck of the Hardener to prevent the lid from sticking.
- Renovation Lacquer makes it easy to maintain all floors.
- Important: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance to give Renovation Lacquer time to dry completely.
- Routine Maintenance: remove dust frequently with a vacuum cleaner (or a broom), accompanied by regular wet wiping (well wrung cloth or mop and never dripping). Lagoon® cleans daily. Cleaner Lisabril removes grease from all wood floors for a deep clean. It preserves the original finish.
- Do Not Use: floor cleaning machine, mop, silicone-based polishes, ammonia products or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.