Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
A traditional primer to be applied before all Blanchon lacquers or wax to warm up the original tone of the wood.
A single-component primer with a subtle odour, S.O. PRIMER is intended for application before all Blanchon lacquers. It is also an excellent primer for waxing. Easy to apply and quick-drying, it offers significant time savings. The S.O. PRIMER is recommended for "fixing" Blanchon Waterborne Dye or Wood-Ageing Agent before applying a water-based lacquer. Its high adhesion makes it well-suited to ensuring the adhesion of lacquers to exotic woods.
- 5 Litre
- 7 to 10 sqm per litre per coat
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: first sand to bare wood with 24 or 36 grit, then with 50 or 60 grit and finish with 100 or 120
- Remove all traces of dust.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry. As a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%. Consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners).
- For glued down wood flooring, use Blanchon Pro Filler (water-based filler), or Blanchon Resin Filler for filling and colour-matching (please consult Technical Data Sheets for these products).
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood may also be stained using Blanchon Waterborne Dye or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades).
- Important: S.O. Primer is particularly recommended to fix Blanchon Waterborne Dye and Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent prior to applying a water-based lacquer or Blanchon Original Wood Environment. It is not required before a traditional (solvent-based) lacquer or on Aquateinte 2K.
Directions For Use
- No Mixing: S.O. Primer is ready to use.
- Stir thoroughly before use; do not dilute.
- Do not apply to the wood floor if the temperature is lower than 12°C or if the relative humidity is higher than 85%; do not use on wood with a moisture content above 10%. Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- O. Primer may be applied with a wide brush, short-hair roller or spray gun, in one generous, even coat.
- O. Primer may also be applied with a smooth trowel: in this case, two coats applied in a cross-hatch method are necessary.
- Do not apply S.O. Primer with a trowel on beech, cherry or maple.
- O. Primer is applied in a single coat, directly on the wood (if necessary, stained and/or treated beforehand). It can be sanded and recoated with the desired lacquer after 45 minutes.
- Once the first coat has dried, a light sanding is recommended with a buffing machine (sanding disc) before removing all traces of dust. Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
Cleaning Of Tools
- Clean tools immediately after use with a thinner.
- Seal carefully after use. Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dust free time: 20 to 30 minutes in normal conditions.
- Before sanding/recoating: 45 minutes under normal conditions.