Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
Universal Maintenance Oil is compatible with all oiled wood floors (on building sites and in factories), whatever the finish: traditional or water-based.
Universal Maintenance Oil protects and regenerate all Blanchon oils: Hard Waxoil, Original Wood Environment. It is also ideally suited for maintaining factory finished oiled wood floors. Because it is so easy to use, does not require polishing and dries quickly, areas can be returned to use almost immediately: 20 mins.
For all oiled and pre-oiled parquets Excellent adherence on traditional oils and in aqueous phase.
- High regenerative power.
- Very fast drying.
- Anti-slip, leaves no marks.
- Easy spray-on application.
- Maintenance with any oil
- Around 40 sqm per litre
- Around 15 to 20 minutes at 20°C
- 1 Litre
- Universal Maintenance Oil is intended for the maintenance of parquets and wood floors impregnated with all of the Blanchon Oils: Hard Waxoil, Wood Floor Oil, Solid'OIl, original wood environment. It is also ideal for maintaining pre-finished floors.
- Universal Maintenance Oil should be applied on clean and dry surfaces Remove all dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
- For regular cleaning and degreasing, use Blanchon Natural Soap for Oiled Wood Floors, and for everyday washing use the Blanchon Lagoon® preparation (apply with properly wrung out, non-dripping tools); to remove stubborn stains or dirt and thoroughly clean the surface, use Blanchon Powerful Cleaner.
- Use fine sandpaper to remove any minor scratches.
- Important: allow 7 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance, to give the finishing time to cure properly.
- If the surface shows signs of significant wear (down to bare wood), it is recommended to re-impregnate it with the original oil to avoid colour changes.
Directions For Use
- Universal Maintenance Oilshould be used when the floor impregnated with the original oil loses its natural gloss (showing signs of normal wear and tear, there are small cracks, etc.).
- Ready to use: do not dilute, shake well before and during use. Do not perform maintenance on wood floors when the temperature is below 12°C.
- Apply a thin layer of the Universal Maintenance Oil with a microfibre mop on a clean and dry oiled floor.
- Spray method: spray directly onto the surface, then wipe with a microfibre cloth immediately
- The oil sets quickly, so there is no need to overwork the surface. Do not use a buffing machine.
- The surface dries in approximately 15/20 minutes. The room can then be returned to use.
- If the wood floor is subject to heavy use, regular maintenance can be supplemented by applying a fresh coat of the original oil
Cleaning of Tools
- Clean tools with water immediately after use, with water.
- After each spray, rinse the nozzle with water to prevent it from getting blocked.
Protecting the Environment:
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin. - Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
- Dust free time: 10 minutes.
- Light traffic: 20 minutes under normal conditions. Take some precautions during the first hour.
- Place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a quality doormat placed at the entrance to the room will retain dust and gravel. Do not allow water or other liquids to build up on your oiled wood floor (isolate flower pots). Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).