Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
A water-based polyurethane wood floor lacquer, Belmont® NF Ceramic Complex is intended for very high traffic in public spaces.
A water-based polyurethane wood floor lacquer, Belmont® NF Ceramic Complex is intended for very high traffic. Odourless, it is based on the new resins developed by Blanchon for their unequalled resistance to chemical abrasion and scratching. Belmont® NF, a two-component lacquer, boasts exceptional performance and rapid hardening. It is suitable for areas subject to high traffic and heavy use: public spaces, museums, restaurants, shops, offices, hotels, conference venues, schools, corridors, entrances, etc. It is ideal for prestigious locations.
- About 10 sqm per litre
- 10.5 Litres
- 5.25 Litres
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: first sand to bare wood with 24 or 36 grit, then with 50 or 60 grit and finish with 100 or 120.
- Remove all traces of dust.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry. As a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%.
- Do not use detergents or whiteners.
- For glued down wood flooring, use Blanchon Pro Filler (water-based filler), or Blanchon Resin Filler for filling and colour-matching (please consult Technical Data Sheets for these products).
Direction for Use
- Shake the Lacquer well, then mix the components: 0.25L of Hardener (Comp. B) to 2.5L of Lacquer (Comp. A); 1 part Hardener to 10 parts Lacquer (in volume).
- Mix thoroughly for 2-3 mins immediately after adding the hardener. The lacquer is ready to use and usable for 1h30.
- Important: the 2 components of the lacquer are intended to be used together and may not be combined with other products. Never apply the Lacquer without its Hardener.
- Diluting is not required under normal circumstances.
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood can be stained with Blanchon Aquateinte 2K. After the stain has dried, apply 3 coats of Belmont directly on top or alternatively, apply Blanchon Prim'Sealer or Prim’Gold and then 2 coats of Belmont). Aquateinte 2K gives you a complete, start-to-finish water-based system; the stain, primer and lacquer are all water-based without the need for a solvent based primer to fix the stain.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood may also be stained using Blanchon Waterborne Dye or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent. When using it, once the stain has dried, apply one coat of Blanchon S.O. Primer (do not use Prim'Sealer or Prim’Gold in this application) to fix the stain. Then apply Belmont.
- In all cases, never cut back the stain itself, but only the first coat of primer or finishing product i.e. Belmont, in order to maintain the quality of the stain. It is also recommended to cut back with fine sandpaper prior to applying the final coat.
- Not to be used with other wood treatments.
Use of Primers
- The following Blanchon primers can be used as a base coat: Prim'Sealer, Prim’Gold or S.O. Primer (please consult the Technical Data Sheets for these products).
- The shade obtained after the first coat of Prim'Sealer let the wood clear, while Prim’Gold gives the wood a deep, warm colour (especially high tannin woods like oak and chestnut), very close to the shade obtained after a coat of S.O. Primer or Belmont applied directly onto the wood floor.
- It is essential to use S.O. Primer to fix Blanchon Waterborne Dye, and Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent before sealing with Belmont (see § Wood Staining).
Direction for use
- Shake component A well before mixing.
- Always use the following measures: 0.5L of Hardener - component B - to 10L of Belmont - component A - and 0.25L to 5L (by volume).
- Mix immediately and very carefully in a bowl for 1 minute (use a spatula or stick, not the application tool). The mixture should be used within 90 minutes.
- No dilution is needed.
- NB: Belmont comes in special packaging (separable container) which can be used directly for mixing and application. Place the plastic bag in one half of the pre-cut container to form a bowl for making up the mixture.
- Do not lacquer the wood floor if the temperature is lower than 12°C or if the relative humidity is higher than 85%. Never use on wood where the moisture content is higher than 10%. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Apply 3 coats of Belmont in generous and even coats, using a roller with an 8mm nap, or 2 coats on top of the primer of your choice (see Surface Preparation).
- Important: the special character of its formula makes dedicated tools necessary for application (bowl, roller, grain brush).
- Once the first coat has dried, a light sanding with a buffing machine (fine sanding disc) is recommended, followed by careful vacuum cleaning.
- The lacquer hardens quickly so sanding is essential if more than 24 hours elapse between coats. This is due to the exceptionally fast hardening of the lacquer.
Cleaning of Tools
- Clean tools immediately after use with water. Do not reuse the containers.
Protecting the Environment
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
- Dust free time: approx.45 minutes under normal conditions.
- Before sanding/recoating: approx. 4 hours, under normal conditions.
- Do not wait more than 24 hours between coats.
- Curing time: 5 days.
- Light traffic: approx. 24 hours under normal conditions.
- Precautions should be taken in the first 5 days of use: do not cover (use protective sheets) or lay rugs onto the lacquered area. Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).
- Subsequently, appropriate protective measures (i.e. felt pads) should be taken for table and chair legs or other objects which could mark the floor. If applicable, a quality doormat at the entrance will be of benefit. Immediately wipe up any water or other liquid spillages and take particular care with flower pots.
- Belmont (comp. A): store carefully, protect from frost. Be especially careful when storing in vehicles.
- Belmont (comp. B): not affected by frost.
- Seal both containers properly after use. Important: wipe the neck of the hardener bottle, so that the cap does not stick.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Belmont gives you ease of maintenance.
- Remove dust regularly, using a vacuum cleaner or dustpan and broom.
- Occasionally wipe over with a damp cloth. Stains can be removed with Blanchon Lagoon®, Blanchon Cleaner Lisabril or a neutral detergent (follow manufacturer’s recommendations for concentrations.)
- Important: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance, to give Belmont time to cure properly.
- Not recommended: buffing machines, mops, silicon waxes, products that contain ammonia or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.
- Heavy traffic areas finished with Belmont can be maintained on a regular basis with Blanchon satin or matt Metallising Protectors and Cleaner Lisabril (see the Technical Sheets for these products). Frequency of maintenance will depend on usage and traffic.
- Any refinishing using Belmont of a previously sealed floor should not be carried out before the wood has been sanded back to bare wood