Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
For the impregnation, decoration and protection of all types of wooden floors, worktops and woodwork.
Hard Waxoil is a wood finish treatment that contains vegetable oils and waxes. Very easy to use, it penetrates deeply into all types of wooden floors, worktops, woodwork and furniture, offering long-term protection against dust and damp. Treated surfaces are simple to maintain and can be regenerated easily, even in heavy traffic areas. The natural appearance of Hard Waxoil enhances the authentic elegance of all types of wood.
Stain, finish and protect with one product
- Recommended for decoration and aged finishes
- Contains oils and wax
- Full grain penetration to highlight the wood
- Mixable colours for colour matching
- Outstanding aged effects when used in conjunction with Wood Ageing-Agents
- 20 to 25 sqm per litre per coat
- Before sanding/recoating: 6 to 8 hours under normal conditions
- 1 Litre
- 2.5 Litres
Slip-resistant product according to DIN-Standard DIN 51 130-R9
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: the wood to be impregnated must be sanded back (24 or 26 grain), refined with 50 or 60 grain, then finished with 100 or 120 grain.
- If you need to do any filling (holes, cracks), use Blanchon Pro Filler (water-based mastic sealant) or Blanchon Resin Fillerbefore the final sanding (consult the Technical Sheets for these products).
- Remove all traces of dust.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry: as a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%. Consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners). Oily secretions from exotic woods must be removed with Blanchon Syntilac Diluent® or acetone.
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
Colouring or ageing effect
- Sanded floors (to bare wood) can be stained using Blanchon Aquateintet 2K, Blanchon Waterborne Dye or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades). After drying, apply one coat of Blanchon Prim'Oil. The overall effect of the stain should be visible after applying the coat of Prim'Oil (if necessary, carry out a test on a discreet spot).
- Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent ages the wood beautifully. Use Hard Waxoil old white, white or grey finishes for the best ageing effect.
- Important: on wood that has been stained with coloured Hard Waxoil, the traffic on the floor will determine how the shade evolves over time. The wood will have to be maintained thoroughly and regularly to preserve the decoration and protection in the long term.
Directions For Use
- No mixing: Hard Waxoil is ready to use.
- Shake the container well before use.
- Do not impregnate the wood floor when the temperature is below 12°C. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Hard Waxoil should always be applied in the direction of the wood grain with a silk brush, graining brush, smooth spatula (not toothed) or short-haired roller. Wipe very regularly during application with a clean cotton cloth (in a circular movement), a buffing machine fitted with a beige pad, or a polishing machine fitted with soft brushes.To make buffing easier, work on one small area at a time.
- The coat applied should be very thin, giving a coverage of around 20 to 25 m2 per litre per coat.
- Buffing with a cleaning machine, cotton cloth or buffer during the application will make it possible to obtain a beautiful uniform finish: this method means that deep impregnation of the wood is achieved without persistent excess thickness on the surface.
- Wait 8 to 12 hours before applying the second coat in the same way as the first.
- 1. On exotic woods, oily woods or wood flooring with "boat“ joints”, apply one coat of Prim'Oil to prevent extended drying times, which are inherent to these types of wood.Then apply two coats of Hard Waxoil with a sprayer, polishing each coat immediately with a buffing machine fitted with a beige pad.
- 2. To maximise protection, it is possible to apply one final coat of Hard Waxoil natural (colourless) over two coats of coloured Hard Waxoil. Prim’Oil, with its synthetic resin base, does not block the pores of the wood but isolates the fibres, which is not detrimental to the coating of Hard Waxoil.
Cleaning of Tools
- Tools must be cleaned immediately after use, with a thinner.
- Clean cloths, pads and tools immediately after use (fire risk if textile tools are kept soaked in oil). Cloths and pads may also be kept in water. Do not throw away cloths or pads soaked in oil without first rinsing thoroughly in water.
- Seal carefully after use.
- Do not discharge into drains