Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
A single-component water-based polyurethane resin wood floor lacquer that provides a warm shade similar to the results obtained using solvent-based lacquers.
Based on the latest technology, Performer® wood floor lacquer boasts a smooth consistency that makes it ideal for optimum application quality. It enhances all wooden floors (living rooms, bedrooms, lounges, staircases, etc.), giving them a warm shade without extracting tannins, similar to the results obtained with solvent-based lacquers. Performer® offers all the benefits of a water-based lacquer and the finish of a traditional lacquer. Three-Dimensional System: three-dimensional chemical structure that gives Performer® performance levels similar to those of a two-component lacquer.
- About 10 sqm per litre
- 5 Litres
- 10 Litres
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: first sand to bare wood with 24 or 36 grit, then with 50 or 60 grit and finish with 100 or 120.
- Then clean thoroughly.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry: as a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%. Consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners).
- For glued wood flooring, use Pro Filler(water-based filler) or Blanchon Resin Filler, which is recommended for colour-matched filling (please refer to the Technical Data Sheets for these products).
- If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood can be stained with Blanchon aquateinte 2K. After the stain has dried, apply 3 coats of Performer directly on top (or Blanchom Prim'Gold and 2 coats of Performer).
- Sanded floors (to bare wood) can be stained using Blanchon Waterborne Dye, or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades). When using these products, once the stain has dried, apply 1 coat of Blanchon S.O. Primer to fix the stain (do not use Prim'Gold in this particular case). Then apply 2 coats of Performer (note that it is not recommended to use a 2-coat system, i.e. 1 coat of Perfoemer over 1 coat of primer).
- In all cases, never sand the stain itself, but only the first coat of finishing product, in order to maintain the quality of the stain.
- It is also recommended to sand with fine sandpaper before applying the final coat of lacquer.
- Do not use woodstain
Use of Primers
- The following Blanchon primers may be used as a base coat: Prim'Gold, S.O. Primer or Prim'Sealer (please refer to the Technical Data Sheets for these products).
- If a warm colour is required, 3 coats of Performer should be applied directly to the prepared wood. Using a base coat of S.O. Primer will achieve this colouring and give it a slightly golden tone.
- The use of Prim'Gold allows fast completion with an easy and odourless application without altering the warmth of the Performer.
- A first coat of Prim'Sealer can be used if you want to reduce the colouring of the Performer.
- S.O. Primer must be applied to “fix” the Waterborne Dye for wood fitters or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive colours) before lacquering with Performer.
- Using S.O. Primer also allows work to be completed much more quickly
Direction for Use
- No Mixing: shake well before use. Performer is ready to use. No dilution required.
- Do not lacquer the wood floor if the temperature is lower than 12°C or if the relative humidity is higher than 85% (in accordance with the DTU in force). Do not use on wood with a moisture content above 10%. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Apply 3 even and generous coats directly onto the wood, or 2 layers onto your chosen primer
- Important: the unique nature of the formulation requires the use of special tools (bowl, roller, graining brush).
- Once the first coat has dried, a light sanding is recommended with a buffing machine (fine sanding disc) before removing all traces of dust.
- Sanding is essential if more than 24 hours elapse between coats.
Cleaning of Tools
- Clean tools with water immediately after use.
- Do not reuse the containers.
- The unique nature of the Performer formulation requires a special cleaning container.
Protecting the Environment
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
- Dust-free drying: 30 minutes.
- Before sanding/recoating: 3hrs under normal conditions.
- Do not wait more than 24 hours between coats (see DIRECTIONS FOR USE).
- Curing time: 5 to 7 days.
- Light traffic: 24 hours.
- Occupation of the premises: precautions should be taken in the first few days of use. Do not cover the lacquered wood floor with protective sheets, rugs or carpeting during the 10 days following application.
- Next: place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a good quality mat placed at the entrance to the room will help by retaining dust and gravel. Clean up spillages of water and other liquids immediately, and be careful where you place flower and plant pots).
- Store carefully, protect from frost (take care when storing in vehicles).
- Re-seal carefully after use.
- Performer allows easy maintenance of all types of wood flooring. Remove dust regularly, using a vacuum cleaner or a dustpan and broom.
- Mop the surface occasionally using a damp mop, but never a soaking wet one. Stains can be removed with Blanchon Lagoon®, Blanchon Cleaner Lisabrim or a neutral detergent (follow manufacturer’s recommendations for concentrations.)
- Important: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance to give Performer time to dry out thoroughly.
- Do Not Use: floor cleaning machine, mop, silicone-based polishes, ammonia products or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.
- Heavy traffic areas finished with Performer be maintained on a regular basis with Blanchon Protectors satin or matt and Blanchon Cleaner Lisabrim (see the Technical Sheets for these products). Frequency of maintenance will depend on usage and traffic.
- On Performer matt, use Blanchon Cleaner Lisabrim or Blanchon Lagoon® so as not to alter the original look. Likewise, on Performer ultra-matt, only Blanchon Lagoon® and Blanchon Cleaner Lisabrim are recommended.
- Any refinishing of a previously sealed floor using Performer should not be carried out before the wood has been sanded back to bare wood