Experts in the protection and decoration of buildings and homes since 1832, Blanchon is the undisputed specialist in wood finishes and the partner of choice for professionals.
A two-component water-based polyurethane resin lacquer specially designed for sports floors.
Odourless, Sport® has been specially designed for sports centre flooring. Its non-slip finish has been tested in accordance with standards DIN 18032 and NF EN 13036-4. Its uniform finish gives it a flawless appearance that enhances the playing surface. Its exceptional resistance to wear offers efficient and long-term protection. Sport® can be applied to all types of commonly used wood. Its light shade protects and enhances the grain and tone of the wood.
- About 7 to 10 sqm per litre
- 10 Litres
- Sand old or new wood flooring to obtain a smooth, even surface: the wood to be impregnated must be sanded back (24 or 26 grain), refined with 50 or 60 grain, then finished with 80 or 120 grain.
- Then remove all dust thoroughly.
- The wood floor must be perfectly clean and dry; as a general rule, moisture content should be below 10%; consult the DTU in force (do not use detergents or whiteners).
If necessary, use a suitable treatment product.
- Floors sanded back to bare wood can be stained with Blanchon Aquateinte 2K. After the stain has dried, apply 3 coats of Sport® directly (or Blanchon Prim'Sealer or Prim'Gold® and then 2 coats of Sport®). Blanchon Aquateinte 2K gives you a complete start-to-finish water-based system “stain + primer + lacquer” without the need for a traditional solvent-based primer to fix the stain.
- Sanded parquet floors (to bare wood) can also be stained using Blanchon Waterborne Dye specially for floor layers or Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades). When using these products, once the stain has dried, apply 1 coat of Blanchon S.O. Primer (do not use Prim'Sealer or Prim'Gold® in this particular case)to fix the stain. Then apply 2 coats of Sport®). (note that it is not advisable to use a 2-coat system, i.e. 1 coat of Sport® over 1 coat of primer).
- In all cases, never sand the stain itself, but only the first coat of finishing product, in order to maintain the quality of the stain.
- It is also recommended to cut back with fine sandpaper prior to applying the final coat.
- Do not use wood stain.
Use Of Primers
- The following Blanchon primers may be used as a base coat: Prim'Sealer, Prim'Gold® or S.O. Primer (please refer to the relevant Technical Data Sheets).
- The use of Prim'Sealer or Prim'Gold® enables a complete lacquer system with perfect, easy and odourless application. The colour obtained with the first coat of Prim'Sealer is identical to that of Sport®). applied directly to the wood, whereas the use of Prim'Gold® gives the wood (especially when applied to high-tannin woods such as oak or chestnut) a warm colouration, very close to the one achieved using a first coat of S.O. Primer.
- Using S.O. Primer allows fast sealing and gives the wood a lovely natural warmth enhancing the initial tone. It is essential to use S.O. Primer to fix Blanchon Waterborne Dye specially for parquet floor layers, and Blanchon Wood Ageing Agent (positive shades) before sealing with Sport® (see Wood Staining).
Directions For Use & Application
- Stir components A and B thoroughly before mixing.
- The Lacquer (component A) and Hardener (component B) should be mixed together immediately before use. Proportion of Sport® component: B: 10%.
- Mix thoroughly. The mixture should be used within 90 minutes.
- No dilution is required.
- NB: Sport® comes in special packaging (separable container) which can be used directly for mixing and application: place the plastic bag in one half of the pre-cut container to form a bowl for making up the mixture.
- Do not lacquer the wood floor if the temperature is lower than 12°C or if the relative humidity is higher than 85% (in accordance with the DTU in force); do not use on wood with a moisture content above 10%. Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Sport® should be applied using a special (short-haired) roller in three even coats applied directly to the wood or 2 coats on top of a primer (cf. Surface Preparation).
- The slightly milky appearance of the liquid disappears within a few minutes as it dries.
- NB: The use of S.O. Primer makes sanding easier.
- Once the first coat has dried, light sanding with a buffing machine (fine sanding disc) is recommended, followed by careful vacuum cleaning.
- Sanding is essential if more than 24 hours elapse between coats.
- NB: wait at least 24 hours after the final coat of : Sport® before tracing out floor markings with Blanchon: Sport® Stripes Paint.
Cleaning of tools
- Clean tools with water immediately after use.
Protecting the environment:
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre.
Drying, Hardening & Initial Operation
- Dust-free drying: 45 minutes under normal conditions.
- Before sanding/recoating: 6 hours under normal circumstances.
- Do not wait more than 24 hours between coats.
- Curing time: 8 to 10 days.
- Light traffic: approx. 24 hours.
- Occupation of the premises: take some precautions during the first 10 days: do not cover (use protective sheets) or lay rugs onto the lacquered area.
- Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).
- Next: place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a quality doormat placed at the entrance to the room will retain dust and gravel. Immediately wipe up any water or other liquid spillages on the floor and take particular care with flower pots.
- Sport® (component A): Store carefully, protect from frost (take care when storing in vehicles).
- Sport® (component B): not affected by frost.
- Seal both component containers carefully after use. Wipe the neck of the Hardener to prevent the lid from sticking.
- Sport® allows easy maintenance of all types of wood flooring.
- Remove dust regularly, using a vacuum cleaner or a dustpan and broom.
- Mop the surface occasionally using a damp mop, but never a soaking wet one. Stains can be removed with Blanchon Lagoon®, Blanchon Cleaner Lisabril or a neutral detergent (follow manufacturer’s recommendations for concentrations).
- Important: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance to give Sport® time to dry out thoroughly.
- Not recommended: floor cleaning machine, mop, silicone-based polishes, ammonia products or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.
- Floors painted with Sport® that are subject to heavy traffic should be maintained with Blanchon Cleaner Lisabril (see the Technical Data Sheet for this product). Frequency of maintenance will depend on usage and traffic. In the case of maintenance using a metallised floor polish, please contact our Technical Services division.
Any refinishing of a previously sealed floor using Sport® should not be carried out before the surface has been sanded back to bare wood or cork.